OpenUI IP2014: Cursor not coming on read only drop down fields to check full value
(Doc ID 2074121.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 18.104.22.168.5 [IP2014] to 15.0 [IP2015] [Release V8 to V15]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The customer is using Siebel version 22.214.171.124.5 [IP2014].
He observed the following behavior:
- On click of a Read Only text field if value is big and not visible on screen, users can click on that field and a cursor will appear. Users can scroll through the entire length of text field using the cursor. The scroll can be taken till end of the text. So they can see full value and can copy paste the value also.
- This is not possible with Read Only drop-down fields. There cursor is not available so users can neither scroll to check full text nor they can copy the same.
The issue occurs only when using the IE browser, with Chrome browser the issue does not occur.
1. Navigate to Service Request > Service Requests List Applet
2. Choose one SR and close it.
3. Try to select Priority field.
Result: It cannot be selected.
4. If you try any other read-only field of a different type it can be selected even if is read-only.
Due to the encountered issue the users (Claim Representative using the application) are not be able to see full value on fields. If Change Request are in service call with customers they may not be able to share important information requested. This will impact quality of service provided and may result in customer escalations.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document