Setting "Organisation" Visibility On "Activity Templates" Cause Template Application On Case To Fail
(Doc ID 2083077.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206.3 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We require two internal Organisations within our Siebel environment to have access to modify their own Activity Templates. We enabled this, using standard Organisation visibility, as follows:
1. On the "Activity Template" BC, add a new field called "Organization Id", based on the existing BU_ID column
2. Add a Join to S_BU, using the new field
3. Add a new field called "Organization", based on the join, exposing the NAME column from S_BU
4. Add a picklist to the new field (LS Organization PickList)
5. Add a new "Organization" Bus Comp View Mode to the BC, using the new "Organization Id" as Visibility Field
6. Expose the new field on the "Activity Template List Applet" applet
7 Change the View Mode on the "Activity Templates Administration View" to "Organization"
9. Log in as xxxx
10. Using the new UI columns, change an existing Activity Template BU from "Default Organization" to something else
11. Navigate to the vanilla "PUB GOV Case Activity Plans View"
12. Locate a Case record in the top applet
13. Create a record in the Activity Templates applet
14. Step off the record
15. Note that NO activity records are created
16. Repeat steps 8 to 14, setting the Activity Template back to "Default Organization"
17. Note that activity records ARE created when the Activty Template is applied
We really want to use OOTB visibility to control access to these records, but we also want our user and system processes, related to Activity Templates, to continue working.
Is this expected behaviour?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document