CANCELOPERATION OF WRITERECORD ISSUED ON CLIENT SIDE SCRIPTING BREAKS NAVIGATION
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 220.127.116.11  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After issuing the CancelOperation for the WriteRecord method, user actions in most menu, and navigation tabs do not work, and appear to be ignored.
To reproduce the problem behavior:
1) Created ServiceRequestDetailAppletPM.js file in siebel/custom folder
2) In Client, Site Map-> Application - Administration -> Manifest Files, add siebel/custom/ServiceRequestDetailAppletPM.js
3) Site Map-> Application - Administration -> Manifest Administration, UI Object applet - add Name = "Service Request Detail Applet" with a Type = "Applet", Usage type of "Presentation Model", -> Object Expression applet with Expression = "Desktop" and Level = "1", Files applet with Name =
"ServiceRequestDetailAppletPM.js" (Do not include the quotes).
4) Set up code in the ServiceRequestDetailAppletPM.js
2) Compile in such a way so that the Siebel Browser Script is deployed.
3) Navigate to the Service Request List View, and on the Detail Applet update the Abstract field.
4) Attempt to navigate to Account, or any other Tab, or Attempt to do a File/Logout, or attempt to navigate to a different record in the List Applet.
These controls do not function, unless until you first do a F5 refresh.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms