Additional Addresses Generated When Importing Contacts
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 126.96.36.199.11 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Importing Contacts via the applet level menu item "Import..." creates additional addresses.
1. Log in to application as SADMIN/SADMIN.
2. Navigate to Site Map > Contacts > Contact Administration.
3. Click the applet level menu > choose Import.
4. Import options:
Input File: Browse to the file provided by the customer.
Input Format: Tab Delimited Text File
Input Source: AutoMapping
Conflict Resolution: Create Additional Record.
5. Click Next button.
6. In the next window, choose Address Line 1 from the Import Field box and choose Street Address from the Siebel Field box.
7. Click Update Mapping button.
8. Click Next button.
9. Wait for records to be imported.
Result: Records are imported
10. Check the records of the addresses.
11. Observe multiple addresses for some Contacts that were imported.
Result: Various Contacts have duplicate address records.
For numerous imported Contacts, there was an additional address that was assigned, identified by executing the following query:
COUNT(contact_id) as dupe_col
GROUP BY contact_id
HAVING COUNT(contact_id) > 1
ORDER BY COUNT(contact_id) DESC;
Contact Last Name "Ball", First Name "Scott":
In the input file, the address is the following:
4701 ABC-DEF Road
In the Siebel application, the "Scott Ball" Contact record has the following two addresses:
4701 ABC-DEF Road
4701 ABC DEF Road.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms