Additional Addresses Generated When Importing Contacts
(Doc ID 2088274.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52.11 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Importing Contacts via the applet level menu item "Import..." creates additional addresses.
1. Log in to application as SADMIN/SADMIN.
2. Navigate to Site Map > Contacts > Contact Administration.
3. Click the applet level menu > choose Import.
4. Import options:
Input File: Browse to the file provided by the customer.
Input Format: Tab Delimited Text File
Input Source: AutoMapping
Conflict Resolution: Create Additional Record.
5. Click Next button.
6. In the next window, choose Address Line 1 from the Import Field box and choose Street Address from the Siebel Field box.
7. Click Update Mapping button.
8. Click Next button.
9. Wait for records to be imported.
Result: Records are imported
10. Check the records of the addresses.
11. Observe multiple addresses for some Contacts that were imported.
Result: Various Contacts have duplicate address records.
For numerous imported Contacts, there was an additional address that was assigned, identified by executing the following query:
COUNT(contact_id) as dupe_col
GROUP BY contact_id
HAVING COUNT(contact_id) > 1
ORDER BY COUNT(contact_id) DESC;
Contact Last Name "<last name>", First Name "<first name>":
In the input file, the address is the following:
4701 ABC-DEF Road
In the Siebel application, the "<first name> <last name>" Contact record has the following two addresses:
4701 ABC-DEF Road
4701 ABC DEF Road.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document