Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2016
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206  to 15.6 [IP2015] [Release V8 to V15]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using forecasts with more than 1000 revenues, the performance is bad when doing operations like: adjustment, positioning on different line items.
This seems to be caused by big number of executions of function "GetPositionLevel"
1. Create two forecast series with type "revenue detail"
2. Add series dates ( a period of type month), and Siebel Administrator in participants tab.
3. Create 1000 revenues for the period of the first forecast and 3000 revenues for the period of the second forecast.
4. Navigate to forecast screen and for each forecast series do the steps:
- Create a forecast record and drill down on it, so it will be generated.
- Go to line # 5 in the list applet
- Make an adjustment
- Move to line number 1 (without scrolling the cursor back one by one row, but instead moving the cursor directly to the top)
- Go again to line # 5 in the list applet
- Make an adjustment again
By investigating the log files it was found that the number of GetPositionLevel calls :
i. Is not consistent between tests.
ii. Increases in an exponential manner with the number of revenues. The number of calls for an adjustment increases from 100-200 (with 1000 revenues) to 10000-11000 (with 3000 revenues).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms