Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Call Center - Version 18.104.22.168 [IP2014] to 22.214.171.124.12 [IP2014] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Text Length In Quick Fill Template Item Is Limited To 250 Characters
Changing according Column Width does not help to increase it.
1. Go to Service Request - Helpdesk (Agent Service Request List View)
2. Create a new record and enter 500 characters in field Description in form applet
3. Launch Applet Menu > Save As Template and give it a name.
4. Create another record by using Applet Menu > New From Template and select above saved template
=> Observe that the Description field has only 250 characters saved, not 500!!!
Checking things behind the scene:
1. Go to Administration Application > Quick Fill Template Administration
2. Select above saved template
3. In the detail applet, observe that only 250 characters are found for the Description field
=> Data already lost during Quick Fill creation
4. Help About View:
Screen: System Administration Screen
View: Quick Fill Templates Administration View
Business Object: Quick Fill Template
Applets: Applet: Quick Fill Template Admin List Applet; Applet: Quick Fill Template Item Admin List Applet;
Business Components: BusComp: Quick Fill Template; BusComp: Quick Fill Template Item;
5. Checking Tools:
-> BusComp: Quick Fill Template Item
-> -> Field: Field Value, is based on column FIELD_VAL and is defined as DTYPE_TEXT with Text Length 250
==> This explains it. However, changing column width did not do the trick.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms