Last updated on APRIL 29, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 220.127.116.11.17 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : OBIEE 18.104.22.168.150120
A Segment tree node returns a zero count when the node name/label includes an apostrophe.
When creating a Segment Tree and splitting by 'All values' option, values with apostrophe in the name are being rendered incorrectly. For example, if one of the values used in the split includes the word DON’T, the Segment Tree node will show as DON'T resulting in a net count of 0. If you edit the node and replace ' with ' the net count returns the correct value. This issue doesn't happen if you use 'select values' option and manually select the values to split by.
Splitting a Segment using 'All Values' should work similarly to 'Selected Values' in that if the Column Value contains an apostrophe it should be interpreted as "DON'T" instead of "DON'T".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Segment and save it.
2. Create a Segment Tree and add the Segment as a node.
3. On the Segment, click the node's options and then Split/Sample
4. Choose a Column to split by.
5. On the Warning select Yes, that you understand that up to 50 groups could be created.
6. Examine the Nodes. The value with an apostrophe is rendered as "'", e.g. DON'T becomes DON'T
7. Run Update Counts. An incorrect count is generated for the filter with the value containing "'".
8. Now click 'Edit' on the node.
9. Change the value to include an apostrophe (') instead of '
10. Now click Update Counts. The correct count is generated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms