New Record Doesn't Work On Applet Load
(Doc ID 2111856.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 07, 2022
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 22.214.171.124.14 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
NewRecord(NewAfter) script not working in WebApplet_Load even when used in either High-Interactivity or Open-UI modes.
Here, user gets SBL-DAT-00498 error that means there are some Mandatory Fields that have to be populated.
If those mandatory fields are set to Force Active=False and Immediate Post Changes=False, then it works as expected - Applet is opened in New Record mode.
However, the same code works well in Standard Interactivity mode, without having to set either Force Active or Immediate Post Changes to False.
This setting of Force Active=False and Immediate Post Changes=False, was seen in custom environment. In Vanilla, even with these properties set to False, SBL-DAT-00498 error seen in HI and Open-UI.
1. Using Siebel Tools, navigate to Contact Form Applet.
2. Add this code to WebApplet_Load ():
3. Compile the changes and launch Siebel Financial Services Application in HI or Open-UI mode.
4. Navigate to Contact --> All Contacts.
5. The following error is seen:
<Field Name> is a required field. Please enter a value for the field.(SBL-DAT-00498)
6. However, with the same changes, if steps were performed using
Standard Interactivity mode, the Contact Form Applet is shown in New Record mode.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document