Validation Is Not Firing When Field Value Is Removed And Tabbed Out Or While Reforming Refine Query
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 220.127.116.11.17 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Validation is not firing when field value is removed and tabbed out or while reforming a refine query.
On Sample Tools/Client IP2013, PatchSet 17 on PUB HLS Incident Form Applet - Header, we have a field, Source Organization which is a join based field.
On the PUB HLS Incident, we have the following code on the PreSetFieldValue event,
function BusComp_PreSetFieldValue (FieldName, FieldValue)
if(FieldName == "Source Organization")
if(FieldValue == null || FieldValue == "")
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("Cannot be blank");
When the user selects a record having an existing value in the Source Organization field, then clears the existing value in this field, and steps off the record. User is prompted with an expected error message 'Cannot be blank'. When the user clicks 'Ok' and perfoms a refine query or navigates to other tabs, the field becomes blank and the value gets updated to null.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Write the above mentioned in the BusComp_PreSetFieldValue event.
2. Compile and open the application.
3. Navigate to Incidents tab - All Incidents screen.
4. Select a record which has the 'Source Organization' field populated.
5. Select the value in the field and press Delete or backspace.
6. Value is now blank. Step off the Record.
7. View the error message 'Cannot be blank'.
8. Perform a refine query or 'Alt + Enter' on this screen.
9. Observe results.
The previous value should stay intact without being updated to blank
The field value gets updated to blank.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms