odbcsql on Unix/Linux fails when SIEBEL_UNIXUNICODE_DB is not defined.
Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 8.0  and later
Siebel Configuration Wizard for Enterprise on Linux environment failed to connect Siebel Gateway Name Server with the following error.
"Unable to connect to the Siebel Gateway Name server"
1. Start Siebel Configuration Wizard with ./config.sh -mode enterprise.
2. Select [Create New Configuration] and enter necessary parameters.
3. At [Gateway Name Server Host Name and TCP/IP Port], click [Next].
Wizard moves from [Gateway Name Server Host Name and TCP/IP Port] to the next step.
Error message [Unable to connect to the Siebel Gateway Name server] was displayed.
Further investigation revealed the following information.
1) NameSrvr.log showed the following error message.
DBCLog DBCLogError 1 0000000556cb5ffc:0 2016-02-23 15:22:10 ㈵″㐴8噣ﱴ啪頔噣
SecAdptLog Debug 5 0000000556cb5ffc:0 2016-02-23 15:22:10 username=nouser : authentication failed due to :
2) odbcsql command retuned similar error as below.
Logging into "SBA_82_DSN" as "SADMIN" ...
ODBC error 辮ｴ9・ｨ爰･・ｸ in SQLConnect:
(native error 0).
Unable to login using specified ODBC parameters.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms