Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.104.22.168 [IP2014] to 15.8 [IP2015] [Release V8 to V15]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After set the parameter AutoLoadDriver = FALSE since using Citrix the Siebel Hoteling feature does not work as expected. The user has no extension associated to it since Hoteling with Citrix is been used and in this case the hostname will be manually enter by the end user. If you use IE 11 or Firefox with Citrix the Siebel CTI Toolbar does not get enabled, basically the Setup Hoteling button does not get enabled and we see the error "Communication: User 'SADMIN' has no teleset extension.(SBL-CSR-00314)".
As this is a Citrix environment AutoLoadDriver = FALSE since Hoteling feature will can not be used for Citrix OpenUI. So the Siebel CTI users will enter the hostname associated to the Teleset manuallyin Siebel CTI Toolbar input box and the Setup Hoteling button should be enable to start the CTI session. It works fine in Chrome since Java Applets is not supported anymore, but not in IE 11, Firefox that is browser that support Java Applet and the Siebel Java Applet for hoteling is trigger, but if fail since the user are using Citrix.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup AutoLoadDriver = FALSE for the user Communications Configuration in Site Map>Administration - Communications> All Configurations
2. Enable Setup Hoteling button for Siebel CTI Toolbar in Siebel Tools>Toolbars select Communications>Toolbar Items> active Setup Hoteling button
3. Compile the Toolbar changes in Siebel SRF file and deploy it.
4. Setup a Siebel CTI user and make sure there is no Teleset associated to it.
5. Login with the Siebel CTI user using IE 11 or Firefox.
6. The user get the error message "Communication: User 'SADMIN' has no teleset extension.(SBL-CSR-00314)".
7. Setup Hoteling button does NOT get enabled and the user can not set the Hoteling hostname.
The same works fine with Chrome.
The main issue here is that Siebel Enterprise has user who uses Citrix environment and for them as the new hoteling java applet does not work properly the workaround would be using Setup Hoteling button but it is not getting enabled in IE 11 or Firefox.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms