Personalization Rules Search Specification is Unexpectedly Kept When Navigating Views.
(Doc ID 2125513.1)
Last updated on MAY 10, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Call Center - Version 126.96.36.199.4 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.4 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Once a Personalization Rule set executes a search spec, the search spec remains even when the condition rule set evaluates to false once it is executed just once. The only way to remove the Personalization search spec is to navigate away from the screen.
The search spec should be removed once a condition for a Rule Set evaluates to false.
1. Create a Personalization Rule Set in: Administration - Personalization Rule > Rule Set:
Include Expression: A* (Or any search spec)
2. Select a applet that exist in more than one view. For instance, 'Opportunity List Applet' exist in 'My Opportunities' and 'All Opportunities'. Create it in:
Personalization Rule Set in: Administration - Personalization > Applet
3. In the personalization applet, associate the rule you created in Step1.
4. In "Condition" field, enter a condition where it executes when it navigate to view 'All Opportunities'. For instance, please see Doc Id 491123.1).
5. Make sure to clear cache or restart the servers.
Step to reproduce the problem:
6. Navigate to 'My Opportunities'. This displays just fine with the correct visibility.
7. Navigate to 'All Opportunities'. We see that the personalization rules is fired and associates search spec 'A*'.
8. Navigate back to 'My Opportunities'. We see that search spec 'A*' is maintained which is not expected.
This has an impact to data visibility.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document