Extra Characters (%20) are getting introduced Into Campaign Email Trackable URLS
Last updated on MAY 18, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 15.8 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 15.8 [IP2015] version, Email Marketing Server
When creating Email Offer with Trackable URLs, some of the trackable URLs is not been render properly in the final email offer message received by the recipient.
An additional "!%20" is added to the Trackable URL corrupting the URL and causing an error when the recipient click on it.
The end user is redirect to the web site but got an error message "Sorry, the page cannot be found.
The Trackable URL should not be changes when the Email Offer is sent.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Email Offer with some Trackable URLs
2. Verify and Preview the Email Offer, click on the trackable URL and it works fine.
3. Launch a Campaign Wave
4. Receives the Email Offer and open it on the Email Client
5. Click on the Trackable URL user is redirect to the Web Site
6. But as the Trackable URL is corrupted the Web Page does not open properly and it show the message "Sorry, the page cannot be found."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms