F9 EMAIL OUTLOOK GETTING AN ERROR: SBL-EML-00050: INVALIDATE EMAIL ADDRESS: XXXX
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2016
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11.15 [IP2013] to 16.0 [IP2016] [Release V8 to V16]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The problem is sporadically but very frequently. The Siebel user gets the following error message when click on Send button on Send Communication Applet users gets the pop-up error: Invalid eMail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (SBL-EML-00050).
We could not find a pattern it has the following characteristics:
- The same email address that works before can fail on a next F9 operation on the same Siebel session
- When it fails during the user session usually all next request will get the error message and user can NOT send email again.
- It can happen in any screen/view within Siebel
- The System Preference parameter “Enable Validation EmailAddress” is set to FALSE, but even if it was TRUE they are all valid email addresses.
- The behavior can be reproduced using the standard, out-of-the-box Siebel .SRF
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms