UI Data Loss When A Field Is Readonly In List But Editable In Form
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124.16 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is reporting an issue with Ui Data loss when a field is readonly in List Applet but editable in Form Applet.
If you have a View which consists of a List and a Form Applet.
when a field is read-only in the List Applet, but editable in the Form Applet and the user enters data in the Form Applet, then does an implicit commit in the List Applet (e.g. click on another record), then the data entered in the Form Applet is entirely lost without any feedback to the user.
Fixing by making the field editable in the List Applet.
1. Using Siebel Tools, navigate to Applets.
2. Select Households List Applet and set the ReadOnly property of "Phone Number" List Column to TRUE.
3. Compile the Applet and launch Siebel Application.
4. Navigate to My Households view.
5. Update a Phone Number in the Form Applet, but do not commit the record.
6. Click back in the List Applet and do an Implicit Commit by clicking on the next record.
7. The phone number value that was modified in the Form Applet is lost.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms