Form Applet's Read only with Drill down Field Alignment Distorted when Field Value Exceeds Control Length
(Doc ID 2146050.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206.11 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A field control in a Form applet will get "longer" or "wider" on the right hand side with the following circumstances noted below.
For example, a form applet that has a field control for Account Name will show a "longer" "wider" version of the Account Name field control if the field value is longer than the control length, the control has a drill down to another view for that field, and the control is read only.
- The Field control is showing a field value that is longer than that the field control width.
- The Field control has a drill down defined in that applet for this Field Control.
- The Field control is read only.
- This does not affect functionality, it is a display issue.
This affects the Form applet's appearance and will make the Form applet controls that are usually in columns appear to be misaligned on the right side.
The expected behavior is that form applet's layout of the controls should not change. The for applet's control layout should be fixed.
STEPS TO REPLICATE BEHAVIOR:
This incorrect behavior can be reproduced with the "out of the box" configuration.
1. Create two Accounts.."Short Name" and "Loooooooooooooooooooo........Name".
2. Navigate to the Accounts List View, drill down on the Account Name for the Short Account record.
Note that the drill down view displays as expected.
3. Navigate back to the Accounts List View, make the "Looooooooooooooooo..... Name" the current record.
4. Drill down on the account name.
Note that the Account Name control in the drill down view is "wider" and it becomes longer on the right hand side.
This is unexpected and can not be corrected with a css style change.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document