Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Siebel CRM Desktop - Version 220.127.116.11.10 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel users are using CRM Desktop application to synchronize data from Microsoft Outlook and Siebel Enterprise. If the user selects an email to share with Siebel, and if the email has a line with a sequence of hyphens in the email body, any text before the line with a sequence of hyphens are not synchronized and email body show in Siebel Activity record field Comments show a corrupted information.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open MS Outlook with CRM Desktop installed
2. Open an email where the email body has a line with only hyphens separating two text area in the email body
3. Click on share bar to sync the email with Siebel Application.
4. After you sync, verify the Email - Outbound activity created in Siebel.
5. The Comments field is missing all the text BEFORE the hyphen separator in the email body.
Screen shot of the email received in MS Outlook client before share:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms