Siebel Tools - Warning On Object Get Or Check Out
Last updated on AUGUST 31, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 15.8 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Customer presented the following scenario:
In Siebel Tools when a user tries to Get or Check Out object that is locked by another user, he does not receive warning message.
Steps to reproduce:
1) In Siebel Tools lock the applet 'ABO Bulk Request Actions List Applet'.
2) Login with different user to Siebel Tools connected to the same local DB.
3) Select previously locked applet. Try to Get object from the server.
Expected behavior: user is warned about object being locally locked.
Actual behavior: object Get is performed without warning the user.
- Customer wants to know more info about the following statement:
Note that if user tries to get object that is locked by him, warning message is displayed.
Also when user tries to get the project that contains locked object, he doesn't receive warning message even if that object is locked by him.
It is important to have warning message, as we are using one local XE database on remote machine for multiple developers. Lack of warning message makes it easy for one developer to accidentally override local changes made by another developer.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms