Not Able To Delete PDF File From Network Path After Attaching On Application
(Doc ID 2166452.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
We have upgraded from 8.0 to 22.214.171.124 with OPEN UI
We are using IE browser. We are able to attach files from network path, for example, PDF file. But after attaching it which is saved in Siebel file system, we should be able to delete the file itself but we are not able to delete it from network path.
At first instance it will show that file got deleted but after refreshing network path will find PDF file there only, it was not deleted.
Then after closing the application, that file got deleted automatically.
This is issue is replicated with Standard SRF also.
It works correctly with Google Chrome browser.
Delete successfully without any issues.
1. Use IE to log into Siebel application. Create a new account named `Karen Account'.
2. Drill down on the account and choose `Attachments' tab. It is a new account, it doesn't have any attachments yet.
3. There is a text file named `DeleteFileAttachment.txt' in Desktop.
I minimize Siebel Call Center application to show you the file is there on Desktop.
4. Drag the file from windows over to the attachments page so that the cursor
Once you release the mouse button, the attachment shows up in application.
5.Then, you go to the file in Windows Explorer, choose the file
DeleteFileAttachment.txt, hold in the Shift key and press delete to
permanently delete the file (this part is important). A message will pop up to confirm if you want to delete the file.
6.Answer Yes, and the file is deleted.
7.Then, press F5 to refresh and you should find the file is back.
8.If you try opening the file at this point, it will show Permission Denied errors.
9. Choose File > Logout to log out of Siebel Call Center application, The
file is still there on desktop, it is because it is still an active IE window.
10. Close out Siebel Login window by clicking on X, the screen automatically refreshed, and the file finally disappears.
(Note: In order for the file to be deleted permanently, it appears that you
need to close all active IE windows regardless it is Siebel application
window or not, i.e., no open IE windows at all, then refresh the Windows
Explorer again, the file will finally disappear).
11. Relogin to application, and see the attachment is still there under My Accounts > Attachments (which is the correct behavior)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document