Last updated on JUNE 23, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52.14 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When cancel query timeout feature is enabled and a Picklist query running for
longer than the timeout interval is executed, this query does not return any
If for example a query runs 5 seconds to return results and the cancel query
timeout is set to 3 seconds, then this query is dropped. No results are
returned and the Picklist applet is being silently closed.
1. As an example, a picklist query runs 5 seconds to return results.
2. The CancelQuery timeout is set to 3 seconds.
3. After 3 seconds the CancelQuery popup appears, this tells the user the
query is taking a long time and whether they wish to cancel the query by
hitting the Cancel button. (There is only one button on the popup and that is
4. User ignores the message and DOES NOT cancel the query.
5. The query is dropped. No results are returned and the Picklist applet is
1) Ensure that CancelQueryTimeout is set to low value, say 1s.
2) Navigate to Sales Order View
3) Create New Order
4) Add new Line Item to the order
5) Open artilce Picklist
6) Perform Query on the picklist
7) If the query is long running then Cancel Query Popup is shown. Once Query is over the control returns to article field from where Picklist was invoked and picklist applet disappears
8) If we try the picklist again and request on picklist then the applications shows popup as below.
9) This popup cannot be closed and only option left is to refresh the screen
10) This issue only happens in Pick applets in regular list applets in view issue is not observed.
If the user ignores the CancelQuery popup the picklist query should continue and complete successfully.
The above behavior was observed in IP2014, PS18.Such behavior was not observed in IP2014, PS13.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms