Open UI: Application is taking time to load for CTI enabled users with With JRE 1.8.0
(Doc ID 2175409.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124.9 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.9 [IP2014] version, CTI
Java new add-on causing CTI toolbar loading slow
Customer upgraded from HI to Open UI and received user complaints about CTI toolbar loading slowness in OUI. Generally this happens when siebel user login to Siebel system, the CTI toolbar (Communication Panel View in OUI) is not ready, or the siebel system is not ready due to this. Here are the detail, which are only applicable to CTI users. Siebel users who do not use CTI function, are not affected.
• Scenario 1: User with IE11 and Java Plugin 11.66.2 enabled in IE (based on Java runtime 32-bit build 1.8.0_66-b18), -- 20-30 seconds siebel logon time
When only CTI users login to siebel, the screen with Siebel wheel/clock busy icon spinning about 20-30 seconds, before siebel homepage loads. At the time siebel homepage fully loaded and ready, the CTI panel is also ready, with CTI login buttons (Genesys voice and media) ready.
During the investigation, we found whenever the Java Plug-in 11.66.2 is enabled, this issue will occur. If we disable this plug in, please see scenario 2 below.
Within Java runtime trace file, we found a jar file (/23044/applets/SiebelCTIUtil.jar) is loaded but there is no obvious time gap for loading this jar file.
• Scenario 2 with IE: User has IE11 without Java runtime installed, the java add-on is either not installed, or installed but disabled, -- 5 seconds siebel logon, 17 seconds CTI panel ready.
When CTI users login to siebel (IE11), the Siebel homepage take normal time (3-5 seconds as non-CTI user) to be load and ready. The CTI panel is also loaded but CTI buttons are not immediately ready (or greyed out). User can still use Siebel function as non-CTI user but not CTI function, until about 17 seconds later, the CTI button enabled/ready for user to log into CTI.
• Scenario 3: User with IE11 and Java Plugin 10.5.0 enabled in IE (based on java runtime 32 bit build 1.7.0_80-b15), -- test result 5 seconds siebel logon, 5 seconds CTI panel ready.
When CTI users login to siebel, the Siebel homepage take normal time (3-5 seconds as non-CTI user) to be load and ready. The CTI panel is also loaded and it took another 3-5 seconds for CTI button to be ready but before that Siebel system is ready for user to be worked on. The difference between scenario 2 & 3, scenario 3 has much reduced waiting time for CTI panel to be ready from 17 seconds to acceptable 5 seconds. We think this 5-second is acceptable and think it is used for CTI/Communication driver backend loading , and could be normal
Application should load without any performance delay
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install 1.7.0_80 and enable CTI functionality
2. Login to the application
3. Notice the time taking to launch the application and repeat the same for JRE 1.8_60
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document