When Printing An Email Received from Siebel Through F9 Outlook Integration in High Interactivity Mode Some Unusual Variables Are Printed.
(Doc ID 2176146.1)
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Email Response - Version 8.1  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.16 [IP2013] version, Configuration - General
When a Siebel user send an email out using F9 using MS Outlook client integration in Siebel HI mode, the email is received properly by the recipient.
Now the recipient received the email on MS Outlook too and when printing the email the following additional text show up in the printed version right after the Subject
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Siebel High Interactivity Application
2. Navigate to “My Service Requests”
3. Mark one Service Request and hit F9 on your keyboard
4. Select any template and click on OK
5. MS Outlook Window show up with the tempalte text
6. Enter recipient address in the To: field and send the e-mail
7. Look in recipient Outlook inbox for the email and print out the received e-mail (or look at the print preview)
8. Note that there are additional fields displayed there that should not be visible to the receiver of the e-mail.
Notice that the fields are NOT displayed in the MS Outlook, only in the printed version.
The additional fields are Microsoft Outlook Form field created when building the Outlook Form required for the F9 integration with MS Outlook using Siebel High Interactivity mode. This is described in How To Configure the Microsoft Outlook Form Required for the Send Email/Outlook (F9) Integration (Doc ID 476690.1)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!