CommInboundRcvr Component Crashes When Processing An Email Where the Subject Or Other MIME Headers Field Has String "=?"
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.6 [IP2015] to 15.13 [IP2015] [Release V15]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 15.6 [IP2015] version, Comms Server & Email Response
When emails with Subject containing the string "=?" are processed by Siebel Email Response module they do not show up in Communications screen and can not be found in Siebel application.
The behavior can be reproduced consistently in Siebel 15.6 on Linux.
Emails where the Subject contains the string "=?" should be processed properly by Siebel Email Response module.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Configure Siebel Email Response module to pulls emails.
2. Send an email for the mail box been processed by Siebel Email Response. Please make sure the Subject contains the string "=?"
3. The email is pulled by CommInboundRcvr component
4. The email disappears from the mail box
5. In Communications screen the email can not be found.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms