Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2016
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.4 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.4 [IP2016] version, Task Based UI
Unable to create Activity in a Siebel Task after IP2016 upgrade
After the IP2016 upgrade the task would error out when trying to save/commit the Action record with the following message:
An error has occurred committing the record 4-1RENA1L of business component 'FaCS GPS Action - Personal - VisMvgSqlBCDef'. The user key of the record is
Parent Id = ""
Child Id = ""
Conflict Id = "0"
An error has occurred writing to a record.
Noticed that if inactivate the Personal BusComp View Mode on the BC, the Action record is saved successfully, however the owner field is not auto populated with the creator's details. However, this is very important functionality and need the Personal view mode to implement visibility.
The error is easily reproducible by using vanilla Actions in a task.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Configure TBUI with following steps
2. Start, Siebel Operation Insert Step(Action BC), Task View to allow end user to enter Activity details, end step.
3. Deploy the Task , Add task under newly created Task Group
4. Add new task group under task pane view
5. Add new Task and New Task View under responsibility and test the scenario
unable to create Activities using Task UI feature
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms