Field With Carriage Return Modified To Carriage Return Plus Line Feed Pair
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Insurance - Version 126.96.36.199.13 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.13 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Data imported from EIM or EAI can have only CH(13) as a new line character.
But if those data is exposed on HI application and use shortcut key to move to
other record while the focus is on the field, the data is updated unintentionally.
For example, if Comment control/list column on Activity Form Applet or Activity
List Applet has a data as follow:
the data will be updated as follow:
If there a code in BusComp_(Pre)WriteRecord, the code will be invoked as well.
As long as the customer does not update the record on UI, the data should remain not updated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. User goes to the Activity List Applet on the Siebel High Interactivity Framework.
2. Click on the Comment field with the mouse.
3. User presses Ctrl+Down Arrow to scroll down the list (with the cursor in the Activity Comment field). No field values are modified by the user.
4. When the cursor lands on an Activity Comment in the list with a sole carriage return, Siebel fires a WriteRecord in the background to update the comment.
5. If the Activity Status = Done, the Activity is supposed to be read-only and can’t be updated.
6. The User gets a popup message saying the Activity is read-only, even though the user made no field changes.
7. The Activity Comment field has a TextArea control defined on the Comment field.
The issue has the following business impact:
Only displaying a data on UI causes data update unintentionally.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms