Creation Of Report Template Fails With SBL-RPT-50586
Last updated on MARCH 28, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Reports - Version 16.0 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To create a custom report template record, the report template file (i.e. aclist3.rtf) can be put into SIEBSRVR_ROOT\XMLP\TEMPLATES folder. (The same folder is used for both input and output.)
The following documents clearly states the above location is the right place to put rtf file.
Siebel Reports Guide > Customizing Siebel CRM Reports > Process of Creating
Custom Reports >
Creating Report Templates
To create report templates
8.Copy the report template files to the Siebel Server:
- If you are using a connected client, then save the template file in RTF format, and then copy this RTF file to the Siebel Server in the following folder:
When the input report template file (aclist3.rtf) is located under SIEBSRVR_ROOT\XMLP\TEMPLATES folder, creation of the template record fails with the following error.
SBL-RPT-50586: Can not create file "E:\Siebel\184.108.40.206.0\ses\siebsrvr\xmlp\templates\aclist3.rtf".
** Note: E:\Siebel\220.127.116.11.0\ses\siebsrvr is the SIEBSRVR_ROOT folder.
Also, the security setting of the input file (aclist3.rtf) is changed so that it cannot be opened. Even the security setting itself cannot be displayed with the error "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object."
1) Put the template file (aclist3.rtf) under E:\Siebel\18.104.22.168.0\ses\siebsrvr\xmlp\templates folder and xlf file (aclist.xlf3) under E:\Siebel\22.214.171.124.0\ses\siebsrvr\xmlp\xliff\enu folder.
2) Using Open UI client, navigate to "Administration - BI Publisher Reports" > "Reports - Standard Templates" view.
3) Create a new template record, aclist3.
4) Set aclist3.rtf on Template field and aclist3.xlf on XLIFF field from the respective location at step 1).
5) Step off. The following error message is displayed.
Can not create file "".(SBL-RPT-50586)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms