Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel eAutomotive - Version 188.8.131.52.15 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is noticing an issue where records in s_srch_chg_txn table are not getting deleted. This is resulting in the table containing more than 10,000 records.
Due to this, only the first 10,000 are ever copied into s_srch_ctgry and processed by OSES.
What is the recommended process to clear records out of s_srch_chg_txn table?
Are they supposed to be cleared out automatically? Is this a bug? Or, is there a documented process to delete processed records?
1. Install Siebel 184.108.40.206 or IP 2015 or IP 2016.
2. Install OSES version 220.127.116.11
3. Setup Incremental indexer for HTTP or FTP modes.
4. Create (say) 4 Account records and perform full indexing.
5. Check S_SRCH_CHG_TXN Table. There would be 4 records for Account BC.
6. Then add 3 more Account records and perform Incremental index / crawling.
7. Now you will see 6 Account records. Only the last of 3 Account records are deleted from S_SRCH_CHG_TXN, but not all the 3 Account records.
8. This is causing thousands / millions of records getting accumulated in S_SRCH_CHG_TXN Table and thereby creating performance issues.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms