Time Zone Picker Control Not Working In IP16
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Public Sector Service - Version 16.0 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The TimeZone picker in IP16 vanilla does not appear to work correctly. While the Time Zone dropdown is displayed in the Date/Time picker on a UTC Date Time field, selecting a different Time Zone does not make any difference to the resultant value that is committed to the field/database.
Steps to reproduce...
1. 'Default Time Zone' SysPref set to '(GMT+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney' and user's time zone also set to '(GMT+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney'
2. Popup date/time picker control on any UI field of type DTYPE_UTCDATETIME
3. Set time with slider controls to be 8:00 AM and select Time Zone from dropdown to be '(GMT+08:00) Perth'
4. Click the 'Done' button
5. Field control now displays the value '08/11/2016 08:00:00'
6. Save and step off the record
7. Step back onto the record and field still displays '08/11/2016 08:00:00'
8. Expected field to display 08/11/2016 11:00:00 AM because user is set to Melbourne time zone.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms