Last updated on NOVEMBER 30, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Universal Customer Master - Version 18.104.22.168.11 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SIEBEL VERSION: 22.214.171.124.11 [IP2013] version, Universal Customer Master
UCM XRef match is being performed by UCM even though the EnableXref match is false in UCM Data Quality Manager business service.
During testing, it was observed that though the UCM Data Quality Manager business service user property "Enable XRef Match" = False, UCM Inbound Web Services executions were still updating records based on matching it via XRef Id and System Name.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- "UCM Data Quality Manager" Business Service > user property 'Enable XRef Match' = false
- "UCM Batch Process" workflow process property TurnOnCDMExactMatch = false & passing task parameter UCMCDMExactMatchFlag=false
- "UCM Person Customer Profile Integration SOAP Process" workflow process property "Turn On CDM Exact Match" = false
The results differ between UCM interface inbound web service versus UCMBatchProcess execution as follows:
1. In UCMBatchProcess case, XRef is not invoked/executed:
a. XRef Match was not performed - there were no SQL to select from S_CIF_CON_MAP table.
b. DQ Match was then invoked, but Support purposely did not start EDQ services for controlled testing purposes, DQ match did not return anything, thus no match, as a result it went to [No Match] and inserted a new contact record.
c. [No Match] caused a new record to be created for the Contact message.
This is expected and correct since XRef was disabled via both 'Enable XRef Match' = false & TurnOnCDMExactMatch = false (and EDQ was not online so DQ Match failed as well).
2. In UCM Inbound Web Service case, XRef is still invoked/executed despite the above false settings:
a. XRef Match was performed - there were SQL to select from S_CIF_CON_MAP table such as the following:
b. As a result of XRef match occurring and the fact that there is an existing record with matching the XRef Id and System Id, XRef match caused an upsert to occur, so the existing record was updated, which is unexpected.
Due to this issue, match is happening based on external reference despite it being disabled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms