Promotion Category Join Causes Duplicates
(Doc ID 2209444.1)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.3 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 15.3 [IP2015] version, Client Functionality
Promotion Category Join causing duplicates
CS CG Plan Account Promotion Category BC has a join to S_ORG_CTLG_CAT table based on category id.
This join is causing multiple duplicates as the category exists in S_ORG_CTLG_CAT across multiple accounts. There appears to be a missing join specification to narrow down on account id.
There are no duplicate records produced in the UI; this behavior is only observed in the backend queries.
There should not be duplicates from the join in Promotion Category
1. Setup a year period in Administration - Data > Periods:
FY2017: 10/31/16 - 10/29/17
2. Setup a catalog and categories under Administration - Catalog
Catalog Name: test catalog, type=buying
Add a category: cat#1 as the immediate child of the catalog
Add a second category cat#2 and make it the child of cat#1
3. Create 5 products in Administration - Product: Release the Products
4. Add the 5 products under cat#2 in the Administration - Catalog screen
5. Create an Account
6. Drill into the Account and select Category Distribution child view
7. Add cat#2 as a Category under the Account in the Account Category applet.
8. In the same view, scroll down to Category Products applet underneath.
Add the 5 products here.
9. Create a second account.
Repeat steps 6 - 8 for this Account.
10. Go to the Plans screen: Create a new Plan for the 1st Account and cat #1 for FY2017
11. Under Plans screen, add a new Promotion, pick some dates like 2/7/17 - 2/14/17 for promo, shipment, and consumption dates
12. Add a Promoted category under the promo: cat #2
13. Click the Products button to populate the Products under the Promoted Category.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document