Browser Refresh Ignores Data Validation Message In Siebel
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 220.127.116.11.7 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.7 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
DVM is not getting invoked when the 'refresh' function is used
Customer is expecting DVM to be invoked when the refresh function is invoked.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Configure the Manifest to use the errorpopuprenderer.js file for the popups in Open UI. Clear all browser cache and log on Siebel again.
2. Create a Data Validation Message and a Data Validation with a false condition (to always show the message). Mark Stop on error as Y.
3. Create an Action Set to call the Data Validation created in step 2.
4. Create a Run Time Event based in Contact BusComp and PreWriteRecord method that calls the Action Set created in step 3 and clear personalization cache. Make sure the conditional expression is on the active view, for example: - Conditional Expression: GetProfileAttr('Me.ActiveViewName') =
'Opportunity Detail - Contacts View'
5. Navigate to Opportunities screen and create a new one.
6. Drilldown the record and in the detail view (Opportunity Detail - Contacts View) click on Contact MVF (Last name) available on the primary form applet.
7. Click on " + " button to create a new Contact.
8. Fill the required fields and save the record. The Data Validation Message will be shown.
9. Click on the browser refresh button.
10. See that, after the page is refreshed, all the popups are closed and the Contact record is created and associated with the Opportunity.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use DVM as expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms