Product Display Name Does Not Appear in Thread Bar within the eConfigurator
Last updated on MAY 22, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124.12 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.12 [IP2014] version, Order Management
Product Display Name does not appear in thread bar within the eConfigurator
Product Display Name should be visible correctly in the thread bar
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Administration - Product > Product Definitions
2. Create a Product 'Grand Child'
3. Release the Product
4. Create a Customizable Product 'Child Product' with 'Grand Child' as a child
5. Set the Display Name as 'Child Product ENU'
6. Release the Product
7. Create a Customizable Product 'Main Prod' with 'Child Product' as a child
8. Set the Display Name as 'Main Prod ENU'
9. Release the Product
10. Create a Customizable Product 'Root Prod' with 'Main Prod' as a child
11. Set the Display Name as 'Root Prod ENU'
12. Release all the Product
13. Clear cache
14. Create a Quote named 'Display Name Translation'
15. Add 'Root Prod' as a line item
16. Customize and add the child Products:
17. The Quote Line Items should look like:
18. Highlight the 'Root Prod'
20. Click on 'Main Prod ENU'
21. Click on the 'Child Prod ENU'
22. The thread bar shows correctly:
23. Root Prod ENU >>Main Prod ENU
24. Click Cancel button.
25. User is navigated back to the Quote Line Items
26. Highlight the 'Main Prod'
27. Click Customize
28. The thread bar shows:
29. Root Prod
30. Click on 'Child Prod ENU'
31. The thread bar shows:
32. Root Prod >>Main Prod ENU
33. Note that 'Root Prod' is not translated
34. Click Cancel button.
35. User is navigated back to the Quote Line Items
36. Highlight the 'Child Product' and Customize
37. The thread bar shows 'Root Prod'
Conclusion: If you click the Root Product and customize the sub products, the thread bar shows the correct translated Display values.
However if you customize a Child Product, the thread bar is not translated and is not shown correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms