eConfigurator not Refreshing UI Attribute values after First Violation
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206.12 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.12 [IP2014] version, Order Management
When a rule is violated (requires rule for instance), it is refreshing the value of the attribute fine. But when it is violated a second time, the incorrect value is displayed in the UI as it is not refreshing the UI. It is showing the last value selected instead of the new value it is set to by the engine.
Correct value should be displayed in the UI.
1. Create a product structure
Where Child1 has enumerated attribute with values:
1, 2, 3, 4
and Child2 has enumerated attribute with values:
No default values.
A, B, C, D
2. Create constraint rules where:
1 or 2 requires A or B
3 or 4 requires C or D.
Release the product.
3. Add the product to a Quote line item and enter eConfigurator.
4. Select attributes '1' and 'A', and make sure the screen refreshes.
5. Select attributes '3' and leave 'A' selected (this violating the rule). This will bring up the Conflict Page. Click Proceed to continue. We see that the attribute value '3' remains and second attribute gets set to 'C'. All is expected so far.
6. Keep value '3' and select 'D' (no viloation still), and wait for screen refresh.
7. Select '2' and keep 'D' (now is a violation). This will bring up the Conflict Page again, click Proceed. This time, we see '2' (which is correct) but the second attribute remains as 'D', which is incorrect. When you exit eConfigurator, you see the correct value in the line item which is either 1 or null.
This causes eConfigurator to display the wrong value in the UI which can cause wrong orders.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms