Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.10 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel Users using F9 with Siebel Email Client in OpenUI Mode is having issues when trying to paste plain text in the middle of an email body in HTML mode. Basically if the email body paragraph has the font changed like the size, italic, bold options checked and the new text is paste in the middle of this text, this new text will use the standard font specifications.
This behavior only happens in OpenUI mode, in Siebel High Interactivity mode if a new plain text is paste it will follow the font format been used and not default font. The behavior is observed in all browsers.
If new plain text is paste from Notepad to the Email Body, it is expected that the text paste follows the same font format that was set before paste, similar to old Siebel HI mode.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Siebel
2. Click F9 to bring up the Send Communication Applet
3. Change the Font size and set it to bold.
4. Start type the text such as "This is a new text"
5. Open Notepad, type some plain text "pasted text"
6. Select the plain text in Notepad and copy it to clipboard
7. Go back to Siebel in Send Communication Applet.
8. Put the cursor in the middle of the text "This is a new text" and paste the info from clipboard
9. The new text "pasted text" show different font format then the original text modified "This is a new text"
The issue can also been reproduced using Email Templates or not.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms