Siebel Search With IP16 Fails When Searching With An Ampersand Character
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.0 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.0 [IP2016] version, Client Functionality
Siebel Search with IP16 fails when searching with an ampersand character
Siebel Search fails when the value of a search field includes an ampersand character.
This is reproducible in vanilla Siebel 16.1.
- Using Siebel Search click Advanced Find
- Select a Find Category, e.g. Account
- Search for Account name which includes an ampersand, e.g. “Hastings & Rother NHS Trust”
- Search results are displayed however there is no query criteria applied, all records are returned (see screen shot)
- Looking at the log file, no bind variables is applied to the query.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms