Last updated on JANUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.5 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.5 [IP2016] version, Configuration - General
After upgrading from 220.127.116.11 to IP2016 Patchset 5, two (2) emails with same email body are sent to the Partner when only one activity was assigned: the email has about a one second difference in time.
The timestamp of both the Email Outbound Activity and emails show a time difference of one second.
The functionality is to send an email from the Siebel application when an Activity is assigned to a Partner.
This behavior in replicated in all of the IP2016 upgraded environments; however, the issue does not exist in Production, the non-upgraded environment.
This behavior occurs in environments with seven (7) servers and also occurs in an environment with one (1) server.
The application calls the “CreateRequest “ method of the “Outbound Communications Manager” Business Service to send this email.
This business service is called from a custom workflow “OS SS PP Trigger eMail WF” that is called from WriteRecord event of “Action” BC when the “Assignee” field gets populated with a Partner’s login.
There should only be one email sent.
1. Workflow (WF) Policy is defined with conditions.
2. Workflow is invoked from a script (the WF is not invoked from a workflow policy).
3. Generate DB trigger is run.
4. After trigger is violated, a record is inserted in S_ESCL_REQ table.
5. Workflow monitor agent monitors the S_ESCL_REQ table to check if any action should be executed.
6. If yes, then the WF Policy action is executed, calling the WF process.
7. In the Business Service (BS) step, the Outbound Communications Manager BS is called and executed by the Outbound Communication component.
The “Assignee” field is populated with a Partner’s login, triggering the WriteRecord event in the “Action” BC.
This WriteRecord event calls the custom workflow “OS SS PP Trigger eMail WF” that calls the “Outbound Communications Manager” Business Service with “CreateRequest “ method to send the email.
Customer checked the Workflow Instance Monitor to confirm that only one instance of the WF “OS SS PP Trigger eMail WF” is generated.
Yet, two (2) “Email – Outbound” activities are created under the Ticket, with the Partner receiving two e-mails having the same content, only apart by one second difference in time. .
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms