Applet Shows Data When There Are None Selected On BC Level
(Doc ID 2222290.1)
Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.7 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Applet shows data when there are none selected on BC level
After upgrading to IPv16 below issue is observed:
There is a custom functionality (in task) that triggers query (returning zero results) on child BC (EBC) when certain fields are changed (set) on the parent BC.
This normally works in certain cases, but this does not work correctly if any pop-up applet (e.g. About View) is opened before the relevant field is set. In those cases, the query is run on the child BC , the child applet even shows correctly "No records" in it's title row, however the data displayed in the applet grid do not disappear
This was not happening prior to upgrade to IPv16.
Alternatively is there any way to force refresh the child applet GUI (Refresh All via FINS Teller UI Navigation doesn't work)?
1. Testing done with Opportunity Detail - Sales Team View, where Opportunity is in the top, the Position is at the bottom.
2. Using Siebel Tools, Modify script BusComp_SetFieldValue on Opportunity BC, add the following script:
3. Add Channel field to "Opportunity Form Applet - Child"
4. Specific field (Channel) is not relevant. It appears when setting value in field on parent BC (e.g. Opportunity), there will be a no-results-returning query run on the child BC (e.g. Position).
5. Compile Opportunity BC and "Opportunity Form Applet - Child"
6. Go to the view, create a new opportunity record, save.
7. Add few records to the opty team.
8. Now change the value (on opty) of the given field (e.g. Channel).
9. It works OK - the records in lower applet (BC Position) should disappear.
10. THEN, go to e.g. menu Help -> About View and then close that popup.
11. Change the value in field (e.g. Channel) on BC Opty.
12. Now, the query on underlying BC (Position) would be run (can be observed by "No records") in the Applet¿s upper right corner. However, the data (list of positions) in the applet grid would not disappear.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document