Issue When Querying Through Form Applets
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is facing the following issue regarding query execution on "Industry" entity of Siebel.:
Customer has a script in Industry's bc event BusComp_PreQuery:
function BusComp_PreQuery ()
// do nothing
Customer compiled the above mentioned modification on vanilla srf and we follow the steps below in order to reproduce the issue:
1. Login to Siebel Dedicate Client.
2. Navigate to vanilla screen, Administration - Data > Industries.
3. On the industry form applet (Industry Entry Applet) and click Query.
4. Customer enters a value (e.g. "my first question") in [Name] field of Industry.
5. Click "enter" button in order the query to be executed.
6. It can be noticed a pop-up applet with the message "= my first question". Due to the above mentioned script, this is the expected behaviour.
7. Without leaving the field [Name], customer modifies the search criteria to "my second question".
8. Customer clicks "enter" button again in order the query to be executed.
9. This time, a pop-up applet is displayed but the message is not "= my second question" (as expect ected) but "= my first question".
10.If customer repeats the steps 7 and 8, without leaving the field and after changing the [Name] field's value to various inputs, when he clicks "enter" button, the applet that is being raised up shows us always the "= my first question" message (which is the initial query that we had made).
Due to the above behavior, we have cases that our users try to execute a query with a value 'A' but a query with value 'B' is being executed instead of.
The above behavior is being reproduced in various Siebel entities (e.g. we have also Account and Contact business components) but only when using Form Applets. We cannot reproduce the issue when following the same steps in the correspondent.
Customer wants to know if this is expected or not.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms