SiebelRestCompIntMgr Component Is Not Terminating Java Container on Shutdown Leading to SCBroker Startup Failure
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.7 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.7 [IP2016] version, System Admin
This is an upgraded environment of Siebel 16.7. Customer has implemented RESTFul services API as per the instructions on the Doc ID 2193144.2. The functionality works as expected.
The SiebelRestCompIntMgr component can be shutdown through server manager, but the related java process remains running at the background, and could be found using ps command.
The SCBroker component log file show the error SBL-SCB-00016 saying the SCBroker port is still in use.
It was found that if the java process is terminated the Siebel Server can be started without issues and SCBroker does not any error.
If the SiebelRestCompIntMgr component is shutdown the related java process should be also be shutdown.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install and configure Siebel IP 2016
2. Follow the instructions on Doc ID 2193144.2 to setup RESTFul services API
3. Verify that java process is started when SiebelRestCompIntMgr is also started, it takes several minutes for the java process to start
4. Shutdown SiebelRestCompIntMgr component
5. Verify that java process is still running
6. Shutdown the Siebel Server
7. Verify that java process is still running
8. Try to start the Siebel Server
9. Verify the SCBroker error SBL-SCB-00016
10. Terminate the remaining java process
11. Try to start the Siebel Server
12. Verify it starts without issue by reviewing the Enterprise log file/SCBroker log file
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, it is necessary to manually terminate remaining java process before the Siebel Server can be started without issues.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms