IP2016 Record Merge Is Leaving Orphan Intersection Records
(Doc ID 2243681.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.7 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.7 [IP2016] version, Client Functionality
After upgrade to IP2016, there are a number of intersection tables are not being updated when records are merged.
When merging accounts, it is leaving orphaned records in the M:M intersection table to industry, S_ORG_INDUST.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. First enable SQL spooling.
2. Go to My Accounts view.
3. Choose 2 accounts that you are going to merge.
4. In the ‘More Info’ view (Account Detail View) associate industries to both accounts using the shuttle applet.e.g. Account to be removed, 5 industries: ;Account to survive, 3 industries:
5. Back in to the My Accounts view, in the list select the two Accounts using the ctrl key, then from the menu merge the accounts
6. Review the industries of the surviving customer, and the same 3 remain
7. If looking in the S_ORG_INDUST table, you will see the 5 records created earlier in the shuttle, are now orphans with invalid OU_ID.
8. If comparing this with Siebel IP2014, the merge updates the S_ORG_INDUST table.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document