Year End Process Gives An Extra Year
Last updated on JULY 25, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Engine - Version 15.13 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During the year end process, when a Tier is expired for an Account and the year end Process is run, the Tier is extended by two years instead of one year. So basically it gives an extra year of Tier to the members.
Upon expiration of an Account Tier, the upcoming year should be the end of the Tier for that Account i.e. Tier should be extended for one year.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Log into Loyalty Application
- Set up a Tier Class of type Fixed Date and Qual Period Length as 12 months
- Create a rule such that for an expired tier, if you run the Process Tier Change, the member would Qualify for another year.
- Create a Loyalty Member
- Assign a default Tier
- Perform some Transaction that assigns some points
- Navigate to Loyalty Members
- Query for the above created Member
- Notice that the Tier Start Date is Today's Date
- End Date is December 31 of Next Year
- Move the clock forward to a Date after the Tier End Date
- Click Process Tier Change (i.e. Year End Process)
- A new Tier record is created with January 1 of current year and December 31 of Next Year
- The End Date adds an extra year. It should be December 31 of current year.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms