IP2016: GUI Hangs When Using WriteRecord in SetFieldValue Script
(Doc ID 2272718.1)
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2017
Applies to:Siebel eCommunications - Version 16.10 [IP2016] to 16.10 [IP2016] [Release V16]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
GUI Hangs when using WriteRecord in SetFieldValue script.
The issue occurs in the following combination of a BusComp field with:
- Picklist defined, with a valid pickmap and the runtime attribute set on the displaying list applet
- Immediate Post Changes selected
- SetFieldValue script with this.WriteRecord() line
Then, when picking a value for this field in the GUI using the picklist on the List Applet, the GUI hangs until a timeout is reached before giving control back to the user.
1. CONTEXT: a Vanilla BusComp/Applet/View:
2. About View:
3. Compile the BusComp and go to the view.
4. Then pick a new value for the Segment field using the picklist in the Households List Applet, this will give the hanging GUI, for about 20 seconds, if you have standard timeout parameters.
5. No error is received.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!