Logout Is Not Visible In EService Open UI
(Doc ID 2274307.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 15.11 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 15.11 [IP2015] version, Client Functionality
Logout is not visible in eService Open UI
We have recently converted eService SI to eService Open UI IP2015 [patchset 11]. This is an external website. We did not want any of the keyboard shortcuts to work on eService so we removed 'Menu' from the Application object.
The logout button is not showing since we removed 'Menu' property on the application object. After few navigation steps in the application, the logout started show up on the Application. We have many stale sessions because user is not able to logout because it is not visible.
Logout button should always visible.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) In Siebel Tool, removing the menu from the Siebel Service Portal application, compile the changes
2) Log in to the self service portal application via the thin client
3) Notice person icon (with the logout option) is visible on the top right corner
4) Click Person icon and click logout button, or wait for session timeout.
5) The log back in, and the person icon is not there anymore.
6) Click on VIEW OR SUBMIT SERVICE REQUESTS.
Sometimes the person icon shows up again after this click. If it does not show, then do more drilldown by follow step 7 below
7) Create a new SR record and drill down to the form applet, the person icon shows again.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot log out properly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document