Required User Property Is Not Working On Stepping Off The Record
Last updated on JUNE 14, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Required User Property is Not working on Stepping Off the record
In Opportunity -> Competitors, customer added 2 required fields for Competitor data, Competitor Displacement and Displacement Reason, and the columns for these are as below:
Field Name Join Column
Competitor Displacement S_OPTY_ORG_CMPT X_LNUK_CMPT_DISPLACE
Displacement Reason S_OPTY_ORG_CMPT X_LNUK_DISPLACE_REASON
Required User Property is added on these fields based on the below condition:
IIf ([Vendor] = "No competitor", "N", "Y")
The required user property gets triggered only on explicitly saving the record after adding the Competitor to the Opportunity from the assoc applet.
When the Competitor is picked from the assoc applet and if the user steps off the record without explicitly saving the record, the required user property is not triggering and the user is able to go through it with adding Competitor Displacement and Displacement Reason.
Step off is basically not triggering a WriteRecord on Competitor BC.
Steps to reproduce the issue
1. In Siebel Tools go to Table and lock S_OPTY_ORG_CMPT
2. Create new Column:
User Name: TEST Ext
3. Apply/DDL and compile
4. Lock Competitor BC
5. Go to Field and create two new fields:
a. Name: CalcField
Calculated Value: IIf (ParentBCName () = "Opportunity", IIf ([Vendor] = "No competitor", "N", "Y"), "N")
b. Name: ReqField
PickList: PickList Threat Level
Under Field User Prop for ReqField create new property with: Name: Required and Value: [CalcField]
6. Lock Opportunity Competitor Applet and add ReqField in Edit Web Layout
7. Lock Opportunities Screen and query for Opportunity Detail - Competitors View in Screen View
8. Modify: Display In Page: Y and Display In Site Map: Y
9. Compile all changes
10. In Siebel navigate to Site Map - Competitor Administration and create two competitor
11. After the competitor were created, navigate to Opportunities - drill down on an opportunity - Competitors
12. Create a Competitor under the Opportunity by clicking on 'New' and picking a Competitor from the assoc applet (popup)
13. Step off the record
Competitor is not added under the opportunity and error is thrown: 'ReqField' is a required field. Please enter a value for the field.(SBL-DAT-00498)
Competitor is added under the opportunity and no error is thrown.
The error is thrown only if explicit save is done (CTRL+S)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms