Last updated on JUNE 19, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.0 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.0 [IP2016] version, Configuration - General
In Siebel Find applet, we added some scripts for validation on PreQuery method on Find objet server script.
When the validation is false, we trigger a RaiseError which is well displayed on the bottom of Siebel Find applet.,
the following error occurs.
1) Add script to Service Request ->
function BusComp_PreQuery ()
var sSearch = this.GetSearchSpec("Abstract");
if (sSearch != "")
TheApplication().RaiseErrorText("Query on Summary field is not allowed!");
2) Compiled to Client SRF.
3) Started Thick Client in Chrome.
4) On Homepage in the Toolbar area (right side) for Advanced Options,
selected Advanced Find in the first textbox selected Service Request.
5) In the Summary field of the Find, added value "AAA".
6) Clicked on the Go Arrow
7) The Find Applet opens on the SR List Applet, with no records in the Find
Applet (regardless of if any record met the criteria or not), but the
RaiseErrorText did not get displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms