After Data Quality Merge (Sequential Merge), Focus on Current Record is Lost and Goes to First Record in the List
Last updated on JULY 05, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.5 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.5 [IP2016] version, Client Functionality
During Data Quality Merge, Focus is lost to first record in the list applet.
The record in the Duplicate Contacts View displays the first record of the list applet after the sequential merge process.
For instance, if LN4 is the first record in the list applet (Administration - Data Quality > Duplicate Contacts), the record focus will always go to this record after a merge takes place. This is fine if the master record no longer have any duplicates, but is an issue there are remaining duplicates. This would cause the user to navigate back to the list applet and query for the record again if they need access to it.
Focus should remain at the current merged record if there are still remaining duplicate records.
1. Enable DeDuplication (Does not matter which vendor).
2. Create many duplicate records (Duplicate contacts for example).
3. Navigate to: Administration - Data Quality > Duplicate Contacts
4. Note the first record in the list applet. Let's saw you see a record name 'FN1 LN1'
5. Drilldown on any record having MORE than two duplicate record, to the Contact Resolution view. Let's say it is with name 'Merge Issue'.
6. Perform merge of two records, making sure the surviving record is the one with the null score (which is the same record as the form applet).
7. After the merge completes, focus is shifted to 'FN1 LN1. Expected result is that focus remains on 'Merge Issue' record, since there are still more duplicates.
This causes focus to be lost where users would need to navigate back to the list applet to select the record again.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms