Siebel IP2016 PS14 - PS16 and IP17 - USING WE8MSWIN1252 CHARACTER SET CAUSES CORRUPTION OF NEXT_SUFFIX
(Doc ID 2286230.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 22, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.13 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.14, 16.15, 16.16 [IP2016] version and 17.0 [IP2017], Upgrade
When attempting to access an LOV, the following errors occur.
An internal error has occurred due to an invalid definition for id
Please ask your system administrator to check your application
Also note that additional errors are seen, which include:
- An error has occurred writing to a record.
Please continue or ask your systems administrator to check your application
configuration if the problem persists.(SBL-DBC-00111)
- ORA-01480: trailing null missing from STR bind value
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open and login to the Siebel application
2. Navigate to Administration - Data > List of Values
3. Locate LOV '"Patinage ", uncheck it
4. Notice the following error that occurs (see above)
There have been cases of other scenario's causing the issue; for example:
- Adding license keys
- In Tools, locking a project
- In Tools, unchecking an MLOV field
- In the UI, unchecking an MLOV field
- In the UI, creating a new record or modifying a record
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are not able to use the specified LOV value or in other cases parts of the application
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document