Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11.9 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.9 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Open an email drag & dropped from SODD, may require close Outlook.
While using SODD solution for drag and drop function for Siebel attachment customer discovered one scenario is user has to close entire Outlook on the desktop before he/she can work and navigating in Siebel. This scenario can be replicated from standard SRF. Customer is using SODD 2.17.4, but the same behaviour also happens to older version (2.0.11).
System has detected an open attachment, Please save and close it
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Drag and Drop an email item from Outlook to siebel attachment applet,
2. Immediately open this attachment from Siebel -- user is able to navigate away and then open the same attachment later, but if navigate away, make sure not open any other attachments from siebel.
3. Using Siebel inline Edit function to open the message file, (when Siebel popup "File Download" popup, select Open button instead of save the file locally)
4. A new Outlook window will created on desktop with email message displayed,
5. After viewing the message, user choose close this outlook window (please note the main Outlook application is still running).
6. User can not navigate away from Siebel, and will get persisting popup message, saying "System has detected an open attachment, Please save and close it", even the outlook window for this email has already closed.
7. The only way get rid off this message is to close the entire Outlook application from the desktop.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms