CommSessionMgr Crash When User Clicks Login Button Using Avaya IC Driver
(Doc ID 2295555.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.13 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading Siebel from version 15.8 to Siebel 16.13, and also Avaya IC 7.3.3. to Avaya 7.6.3 on a new Linux 7 Siebel Server, the CommSessionMgr component crashes when a Siebel CTI user clicks on the 'Login' button on the Siebel CTI Toolbar.
In the Siebel Enterprise Server log SBA_IHA_INT.d02qisbla02.log, it was confirmed that the CommSessionMgr component crashes exactly around the time a user clicks on the 'Login' command on the Siebel CTI Toolbar:
ServerLog ProcessExit 1 00001f8c59784392:0 2017-07-26 16:38:03 CommSessionMgr 17808 SBL-OSD-02011 Process 17808 exited with error - Process exited because of a segment violation (SIGSEGV)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as a Siebel CTI user on the Siebel Application
2. The Avaya IC Driver is then loaded successfully, and the Siebel CTI Toolbar button for 'Login' is then enabled
3. As a Siebel CTI user, attempt to click on the 'Login' button on the Siebel CTI Toolbar.
4. Notice that nothing happens, and the user is not logged in on the phone. Also, the Siebel CTI Toolbar does not change, and the command to login has no effect or indication that the user is/has logged in.
5. After a couple of minutes, the following error is observed on the Siebel Application: Connection to communications server is lost. Trying to reconnect, please wait...
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document