Attachment Record Is Not Created In Siebel When Drag And Drop Attachment Embedded Inside RicH Text Outlook Email
(Doc ID 2303369.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 126.96.36.199.9 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.9 [IP2014] version, Client Functionality
Attachment record is not created in siebel when we drag and drop embedded attachment file from Rich Text outlook email
Attachment record should be created in siebel when we drag and drop embedded attachment file from Rich Text outlook email
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an email, and ensure the format is setting to Rich Text
2. Add an attachment into this email (let's say a txt file). The attachment will appear in the middle of the email body, instead in the email title, due to Rich Text format.
3. Save or send the email to yourself. The email should appear in one of your email inbox folder or it will appear in sent items folder as well
4. Open the email, it should open a new outlook window containing the txt file as an icon inside email body.
5. Try to drag and drop the txt attachment file, the file icon, from inside email, to Siebel attachment applet (example:Account >> Attachment view)
Workaround is first download to windows desktop and further drag and drop to siebel attachments applet
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document